Saturday, March 19, 2016

Details of the Miniature Kind

So hubby and I are up north again and I am working on the miniature store/craft studio. I know it's been a while since I have posted about the store but the other times we were up here with friends and I had little time to work on it.

This is the checkout table that came with the store set but I didn't like the way it looked. 

So I made my own desk with a little cove to house the shopping baskets I found on-line.

Here it is all painted and varnished. I set it up with the cash register, baskets and the cordless phone. Now I just have to make or find a stapler, a credit card machine and all kinds of other essential "checkout" stuff.

Here it is with the back shelving unit installed and some of the trim molding around the floor painted and installed. I still have to paint the part under the shelves then I can move onto the next thing. Not sure what that will be yet but if I do get more done I'll be posting it tomorrow. 

Sunday, January 10, 2016

New Classes Finally Here!

Sorry there was a little delay but there are scheduled now and you can call the store to sign up any time.

Here's some of the new classes I have available as well as some repeats like the Artful Alphabet and the Die Cuts 101. To see all the photos and scheduled times just click on the tab at the top that says "class schedule".

The Zentangle Feather

The Artistic Muse

Pencil Perfect

Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Weekend of ART!

So my hubby and I were at the cabin this weekend along with his sister, her hubby and their 3 kids. Even with all the chaos I still had a little time to work on the miniature store/studio. It was a lot of sanding to get the porch posts to fit. (Actually they still aren't right.) And a lot of sanding on other stuff so it looks like not much was done. I did, however, get the top story back wall painted and glued in as well as the top stair rail. 

I also had time to hang a few things that I did on the last visit here for the kids and myself. 

These are 5" X 7" stencil collages that I did for each of the kids and they hang directly above each of their beds.

This is a collage I did to hang over my desk at the cabin. It is based on a class I took from Anna Dobrowski (not sure if it's spelled right.) I call it "My Artistic Muse" and she is supposed to watch over me and give me inspiration in time of artists block. ( I'm doing this as a new class next year.)

This is a painting that came with the cabin and they left it because the frame is extra deep so that it covers the old wood stove flue that sticks out of the wall. It originally had a painting of some deer that were lovingly hand painted by someone but alas they were not all that well done. I took out the old canvas and just painted right over it with some acrylic paints using the stencils I brought to make the kids artwork.

This is one I did last week at home and it was an idea I had for the stencil collage technique. Instead of using color to stencil over color I painted the background with color but I stenciled the foreground all in white. I think it came out really great and this might become a class too. (Be sure and let me know what you think.)

My little art corner is becoming quite inviting and I have more ideas to fill the empty spaces.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

More Gluing and Patching

I know I just published the last post a few minutes ago but it was actually done at about 9am. I thought hit the publish button but I must not have. Anyways as you can see here I have second floor installed now. 

Complete with a tin ceiling and of course the upper floor has walnut planking as well. Since the staircase is slightly crooked I am seeing all kind of gaps that I will have to cover with baseboards around the bottom edge. (Ughkkkk!!.... Another tedious job awaits me.)

Morning Glue Fest

As you can see I have been busy this morning. The first floor along with the staircase is finally permanently glued together. You may also notice that the real walnut floors have been installed along with the front porch decking. (It would have been so cool if I just could have hired mini construction workers to do that.) 

Here's a quick view of the front porch. 

And here's how it will look when I get porch posts installed. ( The second floor has to go in before that.) If I get lucky I may have time to glue the second floor today before we leave. (YEAH!!!)

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fall Colors and the Miniature Store

My hubby and I are at the cabin this weekend and I am so happy I get time to finally work on the store again. The fall colors are just starting to pop and I think the most beautiful tree is the one right next to our front deck. If it was warmer then 57 degrees outside I would have hauled my stuff outside to work under this beautiful tree. 

Of course Dexter could really care less about the trees outside. Unless of course there is some wildlife under it or in it. (Yeah..... He's as spoiled as he looks.)

I have been working on just filling and sanding the porch posts both yesterday afternoon and today. 

Now I think I'm finally done with all that and I am painting the porch posts a nice clean white.

Hopefully I'll be able to start assembling the bottom story so stay tuned for more.

Friday, July 31, 2015

It's Finally Here... New Classes!!!!

Boy the three months in between the newsletters for the class sure flew by. Pretty soon the kids will be back in school and you'll have time to take classes for yourself. Here's a sneak peek at some of the ones coming up on the next schedule. (To see the whole class schedule just click on the tab at the top that says "class schedule".)